Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Portland Short Track Series


So for the past 2 months I have been dabbling in the short track series that Portland does every summer out at the International Raceway.  Around 1-2mi laps with a mix of motocross jumps, grass fields and single track you go round and round till they yell last lap.   The first race I did I just tried to figure out what was going on and how painfull full throttle racing can be, I took 8th about mid pack definitely got me focused again on my fast quick bursts of energy.   Fast forward a couple weeks and I took 2nd two mondays in a row to the same guy winning the whole series.  The final race of the summer was the other night that's where these pics are from.  I got teamed up on from the start by the usual leading suspects the 29er Crew Trek team.  One of them  Shannon Skeritt the leader of the series and same guy I have been chasing for weeks and his teammate Arron Tuckerman who has taken third to me 2 weeks in a row.  Lots of rubbing elbows and back and forth racing.  Each of them trying to get rid of me.  The most exciting 40min I have raced in awhile.  The only bummer was when they never rang the "last lap" bell and I was caught unaware of being in the final lap.  I was planning on draining the tank to secure 2nd in one more but before I knew it Arron attacked, I got smoked for a sec and there was the checkered flag.  Damn! I was pissed.  Oh well thats racing and I had a good time and Rachel got some cool shots.





1 comment:

Cindy said...

Would loved to have been there to cheer you on! Glad Rachel got some pictures...